Eligibility and Selection Process
- Junior Faculty: MD or DO Investigators who have completed a fellowship within the past ve years and have an academic appointment of Assistant Professor or Clinical Instructor.
- Fellows: MD or DO Investigators who are actively enrolled in an accredited fellowship program as of June 30, 2021.
- PhD-only research Fellows are not eligible.
- All research must be unpublished original work. Publication of the abstract alone does not preclude eligibility; however, if the abstract is published with the full manuscript prior to July 14, 2021, it will not be acceptable for submission.
- Abstracts/papers to be presented at future medical meetings are eligible for submission.
Abstract Policies and Procedures
- One submission per Young Investigator will be accepted.
- Abstracts must conform exactly to the abstract preparation instructions. Those that do not may be rejected.
- Only original work done by the Young Investigator will be accepted.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in an electronic program to be provided to all attendees. The publication of electronic handout materials will not preclude publication or presentation elsewhere.
Submission deadline is Friday, July 14, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
- Expert faculty judges will review all submissions.
- Authors of the abstracts selected for presentation at the Forum will be expected to present their research according to their status at the time the research was completed (ie., if research was conducted during fellowship training, it will be presented in the Fellows’ category).
- All presentations will consist of an 8 minute formal presentation with PowerPoint slides and a 7 minute question-and-answer period.
Awards will be announced during the awards dinner on Saturday, October 16th, at which time financial grants will be awarded to the first, second, and third place winners in each of the categories (grants ranging from $500-$1,500). The recipients of the two $10,000 Jeremiah Stalmer Distinguished Young Investigator Research Awards (Junior Faculty Clinical Research or Basic Science Research) will also be announced at this time.